April 12, 2023
RAINBOW RADISH SALAD
The perfect spring salad that not only looks good but tastes good too!
Makes: 4 | Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 lb. mixed radishes, trimmed
- 1 lemon, halved
- Kosher salt
- ½ basil leaves
- 3 oz. Piave cheese or Parmesean, divided
- Flaky sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. La Panza Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Take half of the radishes and thinly slice them using a mandoline and put into a bowl. Leave the remaining radishes whole if they are small, or slice them in wedges or in half if they are bigger- put into a bowl.
- Season the radishes well with kosher salt and scrunch and squeeze the radishes multiple times with your hands to work salt into flesh.
- Squeeze the lemon halves to get 3 Tbsp. juice- set one half aside.
- Add the lemon juice to the bowl, grate half the cheese finely over the radishes, and toss well to coat them.
- Take a fork and crumble the remaining cheese into a bowl. Add 2 Tbsp. of La Panza EVOO and basil and toss.