An Easter treat you can’t resist!
Makes: 18-20 | Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 6 tablespoons of cocoa
- ¾ cup of La Panza Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 3 ½ cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 eight-ounce package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mini Eggs
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cupcake baking pans with 18 cupcake liners and set it aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add in the sugar, flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix everything together well.
- Next add in the vinegar, olive oil, water, and vanilla and then whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Pour batter into the cupcake pans. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cupcakes are firm to touch.
- Then remove from oven and let cool completely before adding frosting.
- For the frosting, use a kitchen mixer and whip the cream cheese until it is smooth. Scrape down sides as you go. Turn mixer to low and add in the vanilla extract and mix together well. Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar and mix well.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled down, use an offset spatula to frost them. Add a couple mini eggs to the top to finish off.
- Enjoy! Happy Easter