April 03, 2023
HALIBUT CONFIT WITH LEEKS
Impress your guests with this simple yet tasty recipe!
Makes: 12 Servings | Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, plus additionally coarsely chopped seeds for serving
- 8 sprigs cilantro cut into 2 inch pieces, plus additional leaves for serving
- 4 leeks, pale-green and white parts of the leek only, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 2 inch pieces
- 1 thinly sliced lemon with the seeds removed
- 1 cup of La Panza Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 three-pound skinless halibut fillet, halved lengthwise
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Take 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds and coarsely grind using a spice mill or mortar and pestle- a knife also works too.
- Toss the cilantro sprigs, leeks, half of the lemon slices, oil, and 2 teaspoons of ground coriander in a large roasting pan and season with salt. Roast while tossing occasionally until the leeks are tender and browned- about 15 to 20 minutes. Next, remove the pan from the oven and pour the infused oil into a large heatproof measuring cup.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees. Season the halibut with salt and arrange over the leeks in a roasting pan. Use remaining lemon slices to add to top as well as ground coriander. Then pour La Panza Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the fish. Roast until the halibut is cooked through and begins to flake- approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Cut the halibut into large pieces serving it with lemon and leeks topped with the chopped coriander seeds and cilantro leaves.
- Do ahead: Halibut can be roasted 1 hour ahead. Let cool and then cover.