March 17, 2023
The ultimate cake that suits any occasion and will leave you wanting more!
Makes: 2 Loafs | Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- ¾ cup of La Panza Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Flour and grease a tube pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and set aside.
- Eat the cream cheese and oil with an electric mixer in a big bowl until fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and blend well (mixture should be lighter in color).
- Add eggs one at a time and mix each egg well before adding the next.
- Mix in whiskey and vinegar.
- Fold in the flour mixtures until combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared tube pan.
- Bake in preheated oven and let bake until toothpick comes out clean in the center (about 1 hour).
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack.