Add something a little extra the next time you make grilled carrots!
Makes: Family Size Serving | Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 tsp. Honey
- 3. Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp of La Panza Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1’ piece of ginger peeled and finely grated
- 1 serrano chile, thinly slice
- Kosher salt
- 2 avocados cut into large pieces
- 1 ½ lb of medium carrots halved lengthwise and tops trimmed
- ½ mint leaves
- Prepare the grill for medium heat and toast cumin seeds in a skillet tossing often and until fragrant- approximately 2 minutes. Then let cool.
- Coarsely crush cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle or using the flat side of a chef’s knife and then transfer to a large bowl. Add honey and lemon juice. Add in ¼ cup of La Panza EVOO until combined, then stir in ginger and chile and season with salt. Let sit until ready to serve.
- Toss the carrots with the remaining 2 Tbsp. of La Panza EVOO on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt. Grill the carrots, turning them occasionally until they are tender and charred in some spots- approximately 14-18 minutes. Transfer carrots to the bowl containing the sauce. Toss carrots to coat and season with salt.
- Arrange the avocado and carrots onto a platter and spoon any leftover sauce overtop. Then add mint. Serve carrots at room temperature or warm.