Indulge in the rich flavors of autumn with this delicious seasonal recipe, perfect for a side dish.
Makes: 4-6 Servings | Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeds removed
- ¼ cup La Panza Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the acorn squash halves on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the La Panza Extra Virgin Olive Oil over low heat. Add the minced garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Allow the herbs to infuse into the oil for about 5 minutes, being careful not to let the garlic brown.
- Brush the inside of each acorn squash half generously with the infused olive oil mixture. Make sure to distribute the herbs and garlic evenly.
- Season the squash halves with salt and pepper to taste. Place them in the preheated oven and roast for about 30-40 minutes or until the squash is tender and easily pierced with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of your squash.
- If desired, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the roasted squash during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking. This will create a crispy, savory crust on top.
- Once the squash is tender and golden brown, remove it from the oven. Allow it to cool for a few minutes, then serve immediately.