Simple, versatile and perfect for summertime!
Makes: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt, divided
- 10 Tbsp. La Panza Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided, plus extra for serving
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved if they are larger
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled feta (5 oz)
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika (optional)
- Baby greens (spinach, arugula, or kale and lemon wedges for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and position the rack in the upper third. Combine chickpea flour, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 cup of water in a medium bowl or large measuring cup. Allow the mixture to rest for at least 10 minutes (up to 1 hour) for the flour to hydrate.
- In a 12" cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat until shimmering. Pour exactly half (¾ cup) of the chickpea batter into the skillet and tilt it to evenly coat the surface. Bake the flatbread in the oven until the edges turn golden brown (8–10 minutes). Use a large spatula to transfer the flatbread to a wire rack. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- While the flatbreads are baking, cook tomatoes, garlic, ¼ cup of La Panza EVOO, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until tomatoes start to burst (4-5 minutes). Add oregano, chickpeas, vinegar and paprika (if desired). Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking while stirring often, until the tomatoes fully burst into a sauce (3-4 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- Finally, slice the flatbreads in half. Serve them with the tomato-chickpea mixture, feta cheese, greens, lemon wedges for squeezing, and drizzle with La Panza extra virgin olive oil.