January 04, 2023
This baba ganoush recipe is just like hummus except that it swaps out the chickpeas for roasted eggplant. You’ll need:
Makes: 1 Bowl | Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 2 medium eggplants, halved lengthwise
- ⅓ cup La Panza Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- Paprika to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450℉. Line a large pan with parchment paper and place the eggplants on it, brushing the inside with extra virgin olive oil. Place them halved sides down. Roast the eggplant until it is tender, usually about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Take the eggplant out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Scoop out the insides with a spoon, leaving the skin behind. Place the insides in a strainer over a bowl, removing as much moisture as possible from the roasted eggplant. Drain the bowl.
- Add the eggplant, garlic, and lemon juice together, stirring well, adding the tahini to the mixture. Slowly incorporate the olive oil while continuously stirring the mixture.
- Add in salt, cumin, and parsley, and season to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle parsley and paprika over the top.
- Drizzle more extra virgin olive oil over the baba ganoush and serve immediately.