A deliciously healthy & easy dish for a night where you don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen.
Makes: 4-6 Servings | Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Salt, to your liking
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup La Panza EVOO
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 lemon, zested, optional
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, optional
- Chopped tomatoes, optional
- Olives, optional
Pinch red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat, then salt it generously.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally until al dente
- While the pasta cooks, combine the garlic, EVOO, 1 teaspoon salt and the red pepper flakes, tomatoes, olives in a large skillet and warm over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic softens and turns golden, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta in a colander set in the sink, reserving about a 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta and the reserved water to the garlic mixture. Mix well.
- Add the parsley and lemon zest (if using). Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl or divide amongst 4 to 6 dishes.
- PRO TIP Serve topped with grated cheese.