Show your Mom how much you appreciate her this Mother’s Day with an irresistible chocolate cake she will love!
Makes: 8 | Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup of La Panza Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⅓ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Flaky sea salt
- ½ cup of heavy cream or whipped coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon dried rose petals (optional)
- ½ cup chopped unsalted pistachios (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease a 9-inch springform baking pan with La Panza EVOO. Then line the base with parchment paper.
- Next, sift the cocoa into a bowl and add in the boiling water and whisk until the consistency is smooth. Whisk in the vanilla and then set aside to cool. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat together the sugar, eggs, and La Panza EVOO into the bowl of a stand mixed with an attached paddle until the consistency is a fluffy, light cream- approximately 3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer speed down and add in the cocoa and vanilla mixture. Start to slowly add the flour mixture until everything is mixed evenly, periodically stopping the mixer and scraping down the bowl if needed.
- Next, pour the batter into the pan and then sprinkle it with flaky salt. Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes. Ensure sides are set and that the top of the cake still looks moist. Test by inserting a toothpick and making sure it comes out clean or with a few crumbs. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, beat the cream on medium speed in a chilled glass or metal bowl using a hand mixer until soft peaks form- approximately 4 minutes. Add the cardamom and then beat until stiff peaks form- approximately 1 or 2 more minutes. Then cover and put in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Remove the cakes by running a knife around the edges of the plan and then transfer the cake to a stand or serving plate. Add more flaky salt to the top and a scoop of the cardamom cream to each slice. Add rose petals or pistachios if desired.
- Serve to your Mom!! Happy Mother’s Day!