Indulge guilt-free with these healthy blueberry muffins. Family-friendly and perfect for busy mornings!
Makes: 12 Muffins | Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup La Panza Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1⁄3 brown sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon -1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract -1 teaspoon baking powder -1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, basil, dill, or mint) -1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Turbinado sugar (optional, for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners or grease it with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, brown sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, kosher salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Use a whisk or electric mixer to mix everything thoroughly for about a minute or until well combined.
- Add the whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour to the bowl, and gently mix with a wooden spoon until just combined (avoid overmixing).
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan. You can use a large cookie/ice cream scoop for even portions.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with turbinado sugar (optional).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Check to see if they’re done by inserting a toothpick into the center of a muffin; if it comes out clean, they're ready.
- Allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving and enjoying.